Crosswalk & Parking Lot Guidelines
The staff members of French Elementary maintain a strong presence at before and after-school duties wearing safety vests and directing crosswalks at neighborhood intersections. With all of our dedication, however, it takes a concerted effort between school and community to keep our students safe.
Please support us in keeping safety first by following the guidelines below:
General Parking Lot Guidelines
- Do not park within 20 feet of any crosswalk.
- Do not block any parking lot entrance/exit or drop off in front of cones.
- Take your time to find an appropriate parking space.
- Never compromise the safety of students.
- Always respect the wishes of those on duty.
- Safe, courteous behavior is appreciated and expected.
- Use posted entry and exit points at 5 mph speed limit and stay within the cones.
- Cell phone usage in the Kiss and Go Zone is discouraged.
- Pull as far forward as possible and where directed by staff when entering the Kiss and Go Zone.
- Wait for all cars in line to come to a stop before loading or unloading students.
- Stay in your vehicle and encourage students to be ready to exit the car quickly.
- Unload students from the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Release students only in the designated areas along the sidewalk. Stopping in front of cones and dropping off in the middle of the parking lot* is prohibited.
- Do not leave cars unattended in the Kiss and Go Zone at any time on school days. Please use the parking spaces instead of the Kiss and Go Zone if you need to leave your car.
- DO NOT PARK next to yellow curb areas of the parking lot (also marked by School Bus Parking signs).
- When leaving the parking lot, please be aware of children and merging traffic.
North-West Parking Lot (Front) The front circle is closed during the bus arrival and dismissal 8:25 - 8:45 and 3:15 - 3:45 to provide for the safety of students and the safety of buses. Handicapped parking will still be accessible.
North-East Parking Lot (Intermediate Side) - Kiss and Go Lot
- This parking lot is open for staff and guest parking.
- Enter through the east most entrance and exit through the exit at the corner of Almont and Alturas.
- If using the east parking lot as a "kiss and go," pull all the way up and fully to the left behind the crosswalk, letting students out safely on the curb. Kiss and go promptly so that others may use the drop-off as well. Please do not leave your car unattended or temporarily parked in this area.
- Please note that while parking in the east parking lot is allowable, guests may be temporarily postponed in pulling out due to "kiss and go" traffic lined up in the lot.
South-West Parking Lot (Portables and Primary Side)
- This parking lot is open for staff parking and the parents of students using before and after-school daycare only.
- Cones will be used to close this lot during school hours daily beginning at 8:30 AM and ending at 3:35 PM.
- Parents utilizing before-school daycare may park in this lot before 8:30 AM to drop-off their students.
- Parents utilizing after-school daycare may park in this lot after 3:35 PM to pick-up their students.
Thank you for your continued support of our students and school!